Be courageous.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Get connected.

I have a friend who once told me I should not start my own non-profit organization. Sounds harsh but after a good discussion with her I am in complete agreement. There are so many people out there fighting for the same causes, so why don't we just connect them?

For example, St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital is fighting for a cure to end childhood cancer. So is the St. Baldrick's Foundation. I don't know how much they talk to each other but hey, why don't they have dinner together to see what they come up with? (Please correct me if they do, but I have seen no evidence.) We could find a cure sooner than we think.

The point of this post is to RE-emphasize my goal of connecting people to one another, so we're not all trying to save the day all on our own. This passion of mine may be due to my experience in non-profit organizations and learning about the benefits of collaboration (HUGE $$$$$ SAVER) but it works for every other goal in life. We CAN'T do it alone so PLEASE if you have a story to share, shoot me an e-mail instead of starting your own non-profit or what-have-you.

"No man is an island, entire of itself..."-John Donne, English poet

No comments:

Post a Comment