Be courageous.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Take that!

So I have a friend who looovesss soccer. Absolutely obsessed with it. He has more soccer jerseys than actual shirts. This friend has tried to get me as interested in soccer as he is but I just haven't been able to sit through an entire match while waiting for only a few goals to be scored. Until....
I have to be honest and say I have not been watching very much of the women's world cup, mainly because I can't sit for that long without changing the channel and the friend who loves soccer hates it when I do that ;)
But I decided to be nice on Sunday and as he turned on the tv I didn't complain about what we were watching because atleast we were watching girls kick butt. I knew USA has been pretty good at soccer for quite some time but this game was not looking so hot for them and even I knew the referee made a poor call on the first penalty shot. I was about to ask my friend if we could change the channel, because the game was in extra time and Brazil looked like they were going to win. Side note: For those of you who didn't watch it and know as little as I do about the sport, Brazil was HORRIBLE towards the end of the game, wasting time and even faked an injury to run down the clock so USA couldn't score(the clock doesn't stop in soccer)But...
the above video was taken 1 minute before the game ended and tied up the score and USA went on to win in penalty kicks!
Again, I am still not that big of a soccer fan but there are a lot of messages you can translate to everyday life from this game:
1. Playing dirty won't get you very far
2. Don't give up Hope (I capatilized Hope because my new favorite player in my "amateur" soccer book is Hope Solo, USA's amazing goalie :))
3. It's hard to win all by your lonesome.
I was also inspired to write this post because I recently watched a really great movie with my newly adopted life soundtrack in it and I think it is very fitting for this post. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment