Be courageous.

Monday, June 20, 2011

2 Truths 1 Lie

So I have a friend who taught me this neat lil' ice breaker to meet new groups of people. It's called 2 truths 1 lie. You say 2 truths about yourself and 1 lie and the new people you just met have to figure out which one is the lie and they also get to know 2 new things about you! So here are mine:

I like the rain
I changed my argument for Nature vs. Nurture (last post)
I love red wine

Did ya figure it out? The last statement about loving red wine...so not a truth. I love wine but I'm too much of a whimp to endure the bitter tastes of reds. And I do love the rain because it gives me an excuse to curl up under a blanket and watch a couple episodes of Law & Order: SVU. Back to that in a moment....

I wanted to play this game because I realized after reading yesterday's blog post, I didn't put up a very strong argument for leaning towards the nature side of inheriting our parent's traits. Even though I said that my hard worker skills didn't kick in until after I left for college, I could have easily been using my high school years to soak up that behavior from my dad by watching him care for us (nurture justification). But I still stand on my unwillingness to inherit my mother's bad driving skills, so that has to be nature. So I guess I agree with psychology and say it's a little bit of both. I think I just wanted to be one of those smarty-pants bloggers who tries to go against the grain but it's kinda hard to fight science on your own.

Back to the wine. I have another friend who introduced me to "Two Buck Chuck" which is actually a pretty yummy tasting wine for, get this, $2.99! And since I loooove white wines I stock up regularly at Trader Joe's which is the only place it is sold. It's a little unfortunate that there is only one Trader Joe's in Iowa because they are a pretty awesome store. They buy directly from companies to avoid paying off the middle man and have even committed to getting rid of all trans-fats in their private label foods. How cool is that? So next time you're in West Des Moines, hit up Trader Joe's (near the Jordan Creek mall) and get some bang for your buck, and your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment